The Director of the Bariatric Center of Excellence, Dr. Amir Mehran, has written several articles and has been featured in different publications nationally on bariatric surgery, lap bad, and related surgeries. Dr. Mehran is a well respected leader in bariatric surgery and looked to by other surgeons for his leading opinions. As part of his belief that knowledge saves live in the medical world, he contributes regularly to a variety of publications.
The Best Bariatric Surgeons in Los Angeles
At the Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence, we are invested in your future. We use only the latest technology and practices to ensure the safest and most effective results. We have a 98% patient satisfaction rate, and help people from all walks of life.
As you can see from the publications below, our surgeons are authoritative and well regarded in the medical world. Surgeons from all over the world look to our surgical experts for their leading opinions on all aspects of bariatric surgery. Our bariatric surgery testimonials will show dozens of patients who have had their lives changed by our doctors.
To make an appointment with Dr. Mehran or one of our world renown bariatric surgeons, call us today at (888) 391-0182.
Dr. Samuel Kashani is interviewed on American Health Journal.
Dr. Mehran is featured on a German TV show about bariatric surgery.
Dr. Mehran is interviewed on CBS’s segment about sleeve gastrectomy.
Bariatric Surgery Articles and Publications
Listed below are articles written and contributed to by Dr. Mehran, which he encourages fellow surgeons and patients to read.
- Surgery Not ‘A Magic Pill’ For Obese Patients : NPR
- FDA accuses 1-800-GET-THIN of using misleading Lap-Band ads – Los Angeles Times
- Health care solutions | Smart Business
- How Young is Too Young for Bariatric Surgery
- Behavioral Factors Associated with Successful Weight Loss after Gastric Bypass
- Colonoscopy- Why Are General Surgeons Being Excluded?
- Does weight loss immediately before bariatric surgery improve outcomes
- Obesity surgery should be a family affair
- Treatment Considerations for Osteoarthritic Knee Pain in Patients with Obesity
- Systematic and Evidence-Based Approach to the Laparoscopic Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass
- Screening colonoscopy in the asymptomatic 50- to 59-year-old population
- Sleeve Gastrectomy Failure
- Splenic infarct as complication of sleeve gastrectomy
- Succinylcholine- A Drug to Avoid in Bariatric Surgery
- Routine Preoperative EGD, UGI, and H. pylori Screening- Are They Necessary?
- Routine Postoperative Upper Gastroesophageal Imaging is Unnecessary after Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass
- Predictors following bariatric surgery Postoperative CPAP and BiPAP use
- Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy as a Single-Stage Bariatric Procedure
- Laparoscopic transgastric removal of eroded adjustable band Management and Outcomes of Pregnancy Following Bariatric Management of Acute Bleeding after Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass
- Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy after Simultaneous Pancreas-Kidney Transplant
- Laparoscopic Roux-en- Y Gastric Bypass
- Laparoscopic Partial Gastrectomy for the Treatment of Gastropleural Fistula
- Laparoscopic gastrojejunostomy revision
- Intra-operative Pneumothorax Complicating Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass
- Jejunojejunostomy obstruction after laparoscopic gastric bypass
- Laparoscopic Gastric Bypass at a Large Academic Medical Center
- Laparoscopic Gastric Bypass in Patients
- Intestinal Injury Secondary to an Umbilical Piercing
- Hetastarch Use in Bariatric Surgery- Word of Caution
- gastroesophageal imaging study after laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass
- Gastric Perforation Secondary to Ingestion of a Sharp Foreign Body
- Esophageal Perforation during Laparoscopic Gastric Band Placement
- Exercise Following Bariatric Surgery
- Filters and Heparins in Bariatric Surgery- What’s the Verdict?
- Gallbladder Management During Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass Surgery
- Antecolic Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass Is Not Associated with Higher Complication Rates
- Acute gastric remnant dilation after laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass
Contact the Center of Excellence
If you would like to learn more about how Dr. Mehran and his team can help you through his various surgical procedures and techniques for weight loss surgery, please contact him today to schedule your initial consultation. Our surgeons at the Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence are experts in general surgery, weight loss, and bariatric surgery. If you are interested in learning about your surgical weight loss options, take a look at our bariatric surgery procedures page to learn more or please call (888) 391-0182 today.
Next, learn about bariatric surgery.